Managed Care Account Managers are key players in pharmaceutical companies who work to enable access to drugs through the payers. However, they face significant challenges in getting access to the information and insights they need to do a better job. Instead, they are confronted with fragmented data from various sources that does not connect well. This includes:
Account Profile and Contact information from their Managed Market system such as Pinsonault or HealthLeaders-Inter Study
Prescription, Sales and Competitive Performance data from providers such as IMS and Wolters-Kluwer
Contracts information from systems such as Revitas and ModelN
Formulary information from systems such as BusinessOne Technologies and Fingertip Formulary
Saama lxSENSETM addresses this issue by providing a comprehensive analytics solution for the account manager. It contains a standard library of managed markets KPIs in one place, so the account managers can easily get answers to following questions to do their job better:
- What is profile of the account?
- Information such as key contacts, influencers, lives by plan and regional penetration of plan members
- What is the formulary structure in the account?
- Plans, tiers and product and competitive product positioning
- What is the performance of my products at the account?
- Market share, volume growth and trends over time and at national/regional/territory/physician level
- What is the right contract strategy for my product at the account?
- Scenario analysis – to contract or not to contract; recommendations on tier, rebates and pricing
- Can I improve my contract utilization?
- Monitoring rebates and tiers to ensure optimal utilization
- What is my opportunity for pull through?
- Identification of target physicians to influence
- Coordinating pull through strategy with the sales organization