Saama Success Story: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
Saama Helps LLS Give AML Patients a Fighting Chance
A lack of new therapeutic approaches to acute myeloid leukemia (AML) led LLS to develop the Beat AML (BAML) Master Clinical Trial in 2014—a collaborative effort among pharmaceutical companies that runs more than 11 protocols simultaneously at more than 15 major academic institutions.
Trial complexity led the agency to search for ways to accelerate and enhance clinical trial operations. Saama showed up in 2019.
Clinical development teams at LLS use applications on Saama’s Life Science Analytics Cloud (LSAC) to expedite data collection and analysis, and make better decisions based on real-time data.
Highlights from the LLS/Saama partnership include the following:
- Precision medicine genomics data is ingested, analyzed and reported in near real time, despite a lack of APIs with major genomics labs
- Visibility into EDC data makes it easy to monitor cohort safety and efficacy parameters
- Data insights enable more patients, who may benefit from treatments under trial, to be found
- Remote monitoring of sites and patients has been vastly improved
- A first-of-its-kind, genomic-based oncology master trial dashboard displays real-time analytics related to lab results, clinical operations, and risk
“Through an extensive evaluation we decided to partner with Saama…it’s making a difference.”Len Rosenberg, Ph.D., R.Ph., Head of Clinical Operations, Beat AML, LLC, a division of LLS