Cookies and Similar Technologies
Effective date: October 11th, 2019
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first-party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and (2) third-party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, and can be used by such service providers to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services. These are primarily used by our employees and contractors.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make when you use our Site. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences or re-enter information every time you visit our Site.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day and duration they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site. We primarily use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
- Targeted and Advertising Cookies. These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising on a third party site which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. You can disable certain cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting this site. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see advertisements but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to remove cookies by the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
We may also use tracking tags (which are also known as web beacons) on our Site to track the actions of users while on our Site. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, tracking tags are embedded on webpages. Tags compile statistics about usage of the Site, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using tracking tags is not linked to our users’ personal data.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Saama Technologies, Inc. (“Saama”) is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
European Union users should read the important information provided here about transfer of personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
Other Sites and Services
The Sites may contain links to other websites and services. These links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites you visit and services you use.
We may make available on our Sites, or link to, features that allow you to share information online (e.g., on message boards, in chat areas, in file uploads, through events, etc.). Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information. By posting personal information online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
Changes to this Cookies Policy
Any modifications to this Policy will be effective upon our posting of the new terms and/or upon implementation of the new changes in the Service (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting). In all cases, your continued use of the Sites and Services after the posting of any modified Policy indicates your acceptance of the terms of the modified Policy.
Saama Technologies, Inc.
900 E. Hamilton Ave., Suite 200
Campbell, CA 95008 USA
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Additional Information for European Union Users
Controller and Data Protection Officer
Saama Technologies, Inc. is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection legislation. Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com. See the “Contact Us” section above for additional contact details.
Legal basis for processing
We only use your personal information as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the legal basis of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the list below. If you have questions about the legal basis of how we process your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide the Services. Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Services.
- To communicate with you; To create anonymous data for analytics; and For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- To comply with law. Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- With your consent. Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated in the Service or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Use for new purposes
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Information) for seven years after they cease being customers for financial and tax purposes.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails;
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information;
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Delete. Delete your personal information;
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice;
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information;
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us as described above or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- Contracts approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer. For further details, see European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
- For transfers to third parties in the United States, ensuring they participate in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
Copyright © 2019 Saama Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact Saama Technologies Inc.