An end-to-end solution to help data practitioners leverage legacy relational enterprise data warehouse environments to create an integrated, hybrid environment with Hadoop and other NoSQL databases
Campbell, Calif. — May 13, 2014 — Saama Technologies, Inc., a leading pure-play data and analytics solutions and services company, today announced the Saama Enterprise Data Warehouse PowerUp (EDW PowerUp), aimed at enterprise IT organizations that struggle with the ongoing cost and upkeep of Business Intelligence and ETL/Data investments and want the benefits of Hadoop and other NoSQL databases for Big Data processing. Saama’s solution drives increased efficiencies and higher ROI by providing a robust and scalable framework for data practitioners to take full advantage of existing pure relational data warehouse environments and transition to a hybrid relational EDW and Hadoop or other NoSQL environment.
The Future of Enterprise Data
Saama EDW PowerUp helps IT organizations struggling with
- Confronting expensive upgrade cycles using traditional relational databases or database appliances
- Getting data governance control over disparate data projects
- Creating value from Hadoop investments to handle new big data initiatives
- Harvesting enterprise wide data for data mining and predictive analytics projects
The Saama solution directly addresses these challenges by working hand-in-hand with clients to enable a seamless transition from a traditional data environment (typically relational data only) to a hybrid relational and NoSQL environment. This empowers business analysts and application developers to embrace compelling data-driven applications, while reducing the overall total cost of ownership (TCO) and improving overall enterprise data capacity and performance.
“We are excited to offer IT organizations a comprehensive solution that enables them to more fully embrace Big Data,” said Rajeev Dadia, Chief Technology Officer at Saama Technologies. “Boasting a 30-40% reduction in TCO, our Saama EDW PowerUp helps organizations transform their stale tools and processes to deliver deeper actionable insights and faster value from Hadoop investments.”
Comprehensive Enterprise Data Solution
Saama EDW PowerUp is built on Saama Analytics Framework to provide a truly compelling offering across different phases of an enterprise data project lifecycle, including:
- Analysis of current BI/analytics/EDW environment with a detailed view of data usage, date types, data volume and workloads
- Identifying latent or dormant data in legacy environments with high potential for migration into Hadoop environments, based on workload and use case dependencies
- Scoping and Migration
- Effective IP-based tools for faster data migration and accelerated time-to-market
- Rightsizing and architecture development of a hybrid Hadoop + EDW environment
- Compliance with enterprise data governance processes and policies
- Implementation and Deployment
- Business use case enablement through big data analytics and visualization
- Flexible private/public or on-premises deployment for accelerated time-to-value
Learn more about Saama EDW PowerUp and Saama Analytics Framework by visiting our website. Or contact us to find out how we can help you with your Big Data initiatives. Visit our booth at Informatica World 2014 to watch a demonstration, learn more about Saama’s offerings and enter a drawing to win an iPad Mini.
About Saama Technologies, Inc.
Saama Technologies is one of the largest pure-play data science solutions and services companies focused on solving the data management and advanced analytics challenges of the world’s leading brands. Based in Campbell, CA, Saama has over 15 years of history in implementing business analytics, big data, predictive analytics and data management solutions for global clients in industries such as life sciences, healthcare, insurance, financial services, high technology, media and public sector. Saama serves these clients from its offices in US, Europe and India. Saama can be reached at https://www.saama.com